Alcuin Society Membership
Who can join the Alcuin Society?
We welcome any individual, institution, or organization. Whether you have an interest in the history of books, in any aspect of the book arts, or just like to buy books and read them, you are welcome to join us.
Alcuin Society members include private press operators, novice and expert book collectors, calligraphers, librarians, students, book designers, binders, readers, booksellers, university and national libraries, printers, publishers and other book societies.
How do I join the Society?
Membership fees are payable in these ways:
- online through PayPal by clicking the button below
- mail in your application with a cheque along with this manual application form
- in person at one of our events.
Questions about membership?
Need to know more info about your membership renewal, or have a change of address? Send us an email here: membership@alcuin...
Here are the membership levels at the Alcuin Society:
- Student Membership: $25 per year (3 years maximum)
- Individual Membership: $50 per year
- Institutional Membership: $75 per year
- Patron Membership: $125 per year
A tax receipt will be issued for a portion of this membership fee, as per the schedule below:
- Student Membership: n/a
- Individual Membership: $20 per year
- Institutional Membership: n/a
- Patron Membership: $95 per year
All amounts are payable in Canadian dollars; US dollars are also
accepted at par for US and International subscribers.
We've recently updated the method of receiving online payments. We no longer offer the auto-renewing PayPal subscription method to pay your membership fee. However, you can still use our single payment option below to renew your membership each year.
Single Payment Method
You can manually renew
your membership this way each year
What Benefits Does Membership In The Society Confer?
All members will receive the following publications in the mail:
- Amphora, the journal of the Society
- Letterpress keepsakes
- A complimentary copy of our handsome annual book design catalogue
All members may attend the following events free of charge, either if they live in the Vancouver area or if they are planning to pay a visit to the area:
- Our series of distinguished book arts lectures
- Our series of book arts workshops
- Our annual book auction of brand-new books
- Our awards ceremony for the distinguished winners of our annual book design competition
- Our table and book design display at the Vancouver Word on the Street celebration
- Our biennial Wayzgoose display of printed books and ephemera
- Our table at the Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts